Ethereal Twilight

Clan forum for WoW's Ethereal Twilight. Vashj server. All levels/All classes. Fun community guild with giveaways, member support, and active members.

Ventrilo / TeamSpeak

Poll

Would you prefer to use Ventrilo or TeamSpeak for your voice communications?

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    100% [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Kirakishou
    Fresh Blood
    Fresh Blood

Ventrilo / TeamSpeak

Post  Kirakishou on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Ok, I noticed while running WC with some of the guys yesterday that voice chat would be ~really~ helpful. To that end, I figured I'd put up this poll and see what people thought.
    As far as I know, Vent and TS are essentially the same ~ One minor difference, as far as I'm concerned, though, is that I can run a TS server for the guild right from my Linux server. Vent, we might have to pay for (or find a free host of some sort).
    Anyway, hit up the poll, drop any comments or suggestions right below me, here, and we'll see what can't be worked out!
    Zubat
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Ventrilo / TeamSpeak

Post  Zubat on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Well for a quick instance run yesterday the in-game voice chat would have been simple to use. As far as i know both TS and Vent require payments to host more then the sample amount of people, which I think is 8.
    Kirakishou
    Fresh Blood
    Fresh Blood

Post  Kirakishou on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:05 pm

This is correct, to a point...
    In-game voice is pretty glitchy, and consumes a lot of resources. There's already people talking about running 30 or less FPS with over 150ms latency - it doesn't need any help getting worse...
    Also, as far as the people per server thing, that simply depends on the host. If I were to host a TS server from my Linux box, it would be free and unlimited users (within system performance, of course).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:58 pm